12.03.2011

A Note To The Readers & Reflections on 2011



As-Salaam Alaikum!
(Peace Be Unto You)

In my unique position at The Final Call, I have the opportunity to witness the activities of God’s servant, and the world’s number one news maker, the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan. Minister Farrakhan is magnetic. He is bold and uncompromising as he represents truth and speaks for the voiceless challenging the corrupt powers of this world.

I have had the blessing and honor of traveling to many different cities covering him. I have watched the fulfillment of prophecies, history being made, and the future being brought into existence. When on location, I see myself as a servant with the duty of bringing you (the reader) into the atmosphere and to the location where events are transpiring.  After you finish reading, it is my hope is that you feel like you were right there with all of us.

It is a blessing to be able to write and report for an independent media entity that is not muzzled because of corporate control and I thank our publisher and founder, Minister Farrakhan, for his visionary leadership in emphasizing the importance of an independent Black press.

As I looked over the many things that happened over the past year, I realized that while traveling, fulfilling  deadlines, researching, reading and typing, things are happen very fast. Undoubtedly, you as readers of  The Final Call experience the very same thing, so I thought it would be a good idea for a review.

Over the few weeks as we head into 2012, I will be re-posting some of the articles I’ve written in 2011. Many of you have emailed me or told me what you think about the articles and I am grateful. Some of you who have not now have another opportunity to provide me with some feedback as together, we recap some of the year’s most notable news making events.

I am grateful to all of you who continue to support The Final Call newspaper and The Final Call Inc., and I am thankful for the experienced guidance of the Final Call’s General Manager Fontaine Muhammad and Editor-in-Chief Richard B. Muhammad, for opportunities to manifest my skills and talents for the benefit of Our Nation.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the Production Staff of The Final Call responsible for designing the great covers and graphics, the great Photographers who lend their skills and talents to ensure that moments in time are captured, as well as the men of the FOI who tirelessly deliver the paper to the people. I thank the online staff, at Final Call.com and the emerging new media division that keeps our Twitter feed updated and Facebook presence fresh and the transcribers who diligently work to bring digital recordings into a text based reality, as well as the proofreaders who read thousands of words daily. 


Let's see what 2012 brings.

Sincerely, your brother and servant,

Ashahed M. Muhammad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers? I'm planning to start my own site soon but I'm a little lost on everything. Would you suggest starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm completely confused .. Any suggestions? Thank you!

AMT said...

Absolutely! One important tip I can give you is to keep writing! The more you write, the sharper your skills become.

There are many blogging options and as you stated, at times, it can seem overwhelming. I would suggest that you use a free platform for blogging until you can build up a clientele that will pay for your content.

The Politics of Self said...

All Praises are due to Allah! 2012 is our year: "From Man to Superman". I pray for Allah's help and His guidance through The Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad and The Honorable Louis Farrakhan, that we seize this opportunity. Thank you Bro Ashahed for your service and great work.

Bro Robert Muhammad
Springfield, OH