6.29.2015

Dr. Melina Abdullah of #BlackLivesMatter-LA Chapter supports #JusticeOrElse saying: 'There's nothing to lose but our chains'


Dr. Melina Abdullah is Professor and Chair of Pan-African Studies at California State University, Los Angeles.

"I think #BlackLivesMatter has demonstrated over the last two years of our existence that we're not afraid of the 'or else' part. That we've had enough of this systemic oppression. He's absolutely right! We don't have anything to lose. This system is not for us. Some will say it has abandoned us. It was never built for us from the beginning. So I think we're beginning to recognize that. We don't have jobs, they're taking our wealth. They're even now I'm hearing they're trying to immunize our babies against our will. They're killing our children. There's nothing to lose but our chains! We're not afraid. I'm not afraid. I am only afraid of what might happen if we don't stand up."
#JusticeOrElse

No comments: