7.27.2015

Michael Brown Sr. on #JusticeOrElse: 'For me, this fight has just started.'

Michael Brown Sr., after our recent interview, just steps away from where his son was shot down at the Canfield  Green Apartments in Ferguson, Missouri. (Photo: Robert E. Muhammad) 

It has been nearly one year since Michael Brown Jr. was shot dead in the streets of an apartment complex on Canfield Drive in Ferguson, Mo., by former police officer Darren Wilson. His August 9, 2014 death shocked and angered people to such an extent that the little town just outside of St. Louis became known as “Ground Zero” and sparked nationwide protests against police brutality. As we approach one year since his son's death, his father Michael Brown Sr. told me he wants #JusticeOrElse!
"I’m still hurt, I’m still grieving, I’m still going through my emotions.  This is just the beginning—for me this fight has just started.  Where I’m heading with this big thing I’m pushing is just keeping us aware of what these people have been doing to us for 400 plus years; I’m about the fight."
-- Michael Brown Sr.




#JusticeOrElse

No comments: